Sunday, October 30, 2005

A revelation

Soooo... I had another blog before, very personal, filled with names and details (well, almost) and I decided to delete that and start a new one, the kind my friends could actually read too, and my significant others, without wanting to kill me afterwards. It was a blog that was my personal outlet, where I could be a bitch and a complete idiot, think only myself and just be stubborn and stupid and jealous and needy and whiny. After deleting that, when it started to feel unnecessary, I thought that I could write about my life and thoughts, funny little stories, you know, be perky.

I just completely forgot that I am not perky. I'm depressed most of the time. Rest of the time I'm tired, angry or bored.

Consider yourself warned.

"Suicides & spinsters -
all our kind!
Even decorous Jane Austen,
never marrying,
& Sappho leaping,
& Sylvia in the oven,
& Anna Wickham, Tsvetaeva, Sara Teasdale,
& pale Virginia floating like Ophelia,
& Emily alone, alone, alone...
But you endure & marry,
go on writing,
lose a husband, gain a husband,
go on writing,
sing & tap dance,
& you go on writing,
have a child & still
you go on writing,
love a woman, love a man
& go on writing.
You endure your writing
& your life."

Erica Jong

No comments: