Saturday, April 29, 2006

A thought from yesterday and Placebo

I had a brief discussion about pain, especially inflicting pain, with Stephanie last night. I kept thinking about it and then at home I was listening to music and Placebo's Every me and every you started playing. Some parts really got my attention. So here's those parts, I butchered the lyrics somewhat, took out the parts that didn't hit home. Why they did so, I'll keep that to myself. Besides the obvious reasons ...

"My heart's a tart, your body's rent
My body's broken, yours is bent.
Carve your name into my arm,
Instead of stressed, I lie here charmed,
Cuz there's nothing else to do,
Every me and every you.

Another love I would abuse,
No circumstances could excuse,
In the shape of things to come,
Too much poison come undone.
There's never been so much at stake,
I serve my head up on a plate,
It's only comfort, calling late,
Cuz there's nothing else to do,
Every me and every you.

Like the naked leads the blind,
I know I'm selfish, I'm unkind.
Sucker love I always find,
Someone to bruise and leave behind,
All alone in space and time.
There's nothing here but what here's mine.
Something borrowed, something blue.
Every me and every you."

No comments: