Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Writers block

Once again I have trouble finding words. I can't get the words out, not anything that would describe the way I feel right now. Confused and happy and sad and bored and tired and alive and empty. See, not very clear...

But two things: first of all, I got a permanent job now, or atleast so permanent than a job can be. I was offered a new contract on friday and I did take it, even though I felt before I probably would not. But it was a good offer and I can always ditch the job with two weeks notice so not bad. So this means I can really start planning maybe buying my own apartment, getting a home of my own (well, it would be the property of bank for a really long time but anyway). Makes planning my life a lot easier.

Second, I finally got a message from an old friend of mine I had worried about for a few months. He's not the happiest person in the world and not hearing from him for a while made me anxious. But now I know he's okay, or atleast alive and all that. Huge weight off my chest, I can breathe a little bit easier. And not be so cranky.

I've been listening to Stella's song Piste repeatedly for the last few days. It helps me. With what? Accepting. Here's the lyrics:


"Kun puhalletaan tulta tähän sammuvaan hiileen
Se savullansa meitä tukehduttaa
Ja jos vain muistellaan jäädään kiinni ikuisuuteen
Eikä eletä ollenkaan
Kaikki tämä vähäkin vain tuhotaan
Rohkeempaa on luovuttaa

Kyllä sinä muistat kuinka katse viiltelee
Kyllä sinä tiedät miten lehdet putoilee
Kaikki on jo nähty siksi pisteen nyt teen
Anna jo olla
Anna mun olla ja unohtaa

Kun nyt jutellaan voidaan hyvin katsoa silmiin
On nähty nämä seinät ennenkin
Mutta ei saa koskettaa, ne aamut meidät imee vain kuiviin
Ei tästä tule näin valmiimpaa
Ehkä on jo aika irrottaa
Kai saa nyt luovuttaa…?

Kyllä sinä muistat kuinka katse viiltelee
Kyllä sinä tiedät miten lehdet putoilee
Kaikki on jo nähty siksi pisteen nyt teen
Anna jo olla
Anna mun olla ja unohtaa

Kyllä minä tiedän kuinka kehomme kietoutuu
Kyllä minä muistan kelle ihosi tuoksuu
Jos tulevatkin vuodet käsiimme vain rikkoutuu
En jaksaisi olla
Anna mun olla ja unohtaa… "

No comments: