Thursday, March 22, 2007

It's been a long time...

Three things.

One. I chatted with an old friend today, it's been a while since we last had contact. It felt like no time had passed, even though we went through the usual stuff you do, is he still studying, and all that usual what you ask when you haven't heard anything lately. It was nice. That's the best way to describe it. Nice. Easy. Like it should be. And we did get a decent rant on about gayrights which was fun, in a way... As it turned out we are kind of brothers in arms, working for the same causes in different countries. I am so planning on an exchange program so we could meet up and talk and scheme and someone else would pay for it.

So those of you who thought I've vanished into the "married life" or become deeply depressed, here's me saying WRONG. I'm still here, alive and kicking, tired but not depressed.

Two. I went to see a band yesterday, and wow. It just dawned on me that I've seen that boy sing for over ten years. Since 1995, I think. Maybe even before that. I still like his music. I like watching him play the guitar. I like watching him on the stage. And I did enjoy seeing how he has matured, gotten older, how he has become an adult, not just some boy with a cool band and some cool songs but actually a man, comfortable enough with himself and his past to make a song about being seventeen and stupid.

Three. How come mtv only plays music non-stop during the daytime when there shouldn't be anyone watching because of work/school/etc?

No comments: