Thursday, January 12, 2006

Feeling old

which I shoudn't because I'm not, I'm not even thirty (and next year is far away when I will be) and even then I am not old. Today I felt old. I was discussing a book (Arabian Lauri) with some people and one of them said she couldn't relate to the book because it was describing the eighties, that it was too different kind of world. Umm... I was a child/pre-teen during the eighties (she was a toddler) so I do remember things and I don't think it's that far away. I still remember Matti Nykänen as an athlete, for chrissakes.

Although, in a different discussion (Steph, you remember this) I said movies from the eighties are old. In a way they are, especially what comes to movies. It's 20-25 years, about third of average lifespan around here. So it's a long time but not that different world. Lot's of things have changed but not that much...

I'm old and tired and I'm going to bed to rest my tired old bones now ;)

(the radio is on and Roxette is playing Listen to your heart and I will not even think when that song first came out because I'm starting to suspect it's really been a long time and not the "a while back" I have in my mind which covers about last of the 15 years...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

80's movies are old..but some of the best "coming of age" flicks for me were during the 80's. I am a bit older than you, so those movies have a certain nostalgia for me :)