Monday, January 16, 2006

A promotion? No, thank you.

I was offered a "better" job (more responsibility, different department, more money) at my work on friday. I promised to think it through and let them know today. So today I went to the big boss and said thanks but no thanks. They must think I'm really strange. This was the third time I was offered a promotion and every time I've declined.

Why? When this job would have meant I could aply for a loan and buy my own apartment. But it would have made me miserable. I am not interested in our sales department, I'm not interested in keeping Nokia happy with endless statistics... So am I interested in accounting? Not really. But it's not something I strongly dislike.

I will not make decisions I know will make me unhappy. Or more unable to be atleast even content. Even if it means I have to still move other plans in life further away.

But it has been a good day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"So, you don't want to hear about my good day..."
No ehkä se onkin parempi ettet ota mitään pitkäaikaisia sitoomuksia, kun meillä on näitä yhteistyökuviota ihan globaalilla tasollakin ;)

Anonymous said...

You so smaaaht!!!!