Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Marilyn Monroe school of medicine

where enough of any drug will cure any disease.

Got your attention there didn't I?

It's from a book "Invisible Monsters" by the guy who also brought us Fight Club. Marvellous chap, I'd say. Fucked up, seriously, but who isn't?

So I went to Tallinn, mostly I wandered around places I've never been before (found out that there's a street which doesn't exist except in one map, too bad that was the map I had), ate ate and ate some more and had a few beers at the local gay bars. Just one or two or maybe a bit more. It was interesting not to speak to anyone for three days, besides ordering something and saying thank you and please. The longest conversation I had was when I checked in to the hotel. Not speaking helps hearing your own thoughts.

Unfortunately they are not always pleasant.

"When you understand that what you're telling is just a story. It isn't happening anymore. When you realize the story you're telling is just words, when you can crumble it up and throw your past in the thrashcan, then we'll figure out who you're going to be."

We are what has happened to us, what we have done, what we have chosen, what fate/destiny/coincidence threw at us. But why do we make that so important? It's just a story. We can re-invent ourselves. We can choose to be someone else.

Hmm... I'll get back to you on this later. Have to think this a bit more. I see possibilities here.

No comments: