Sunday, December 11, 2005

yeah, I know, I'm a freak

"Think of all the things
we've shared and seen
don't think about things
which might have been..."

I always read who's dead and who got married and what kind of a punishment of a name parents have given to their kids from the paper. Sundays are the best, lot's of material. What have I learned from them are the following things: people put the weirdest bits of poetry to obituaries but many of my now favourite poems are from there so it's a good thing. People obviously have only about three things they want to say in their wedding announcements, including that everyone thinks theirs is the greatest love of all. Yeah, right. And what kind of names are given to kids, well, I'm not going to get into that... But sometimes I just have to wonder...

I had a birthdayparty yesterday (or we had with my three friends who are born around the same time, a good excuse to throw a party for forty people) and I'm still kinda out because of it. I had enough to drink, to put it mildly, danced, talked with friends and generally had a great time. And I REALLY HAVE the best friends in the whole world, I'm lucky to have met people who understand and accept my strange fantasies, like wanting to have a victorian dollhouse modelled into sm/horror/dungeon style... And that's what I now have, among other beautiful things.

It was good to see some people I see rarely, people who have been in my life for a long time and never vanished, never going away even though life may have taken us into different directions. It made me remember times long gone, times that might not have been the greatest for any of us but still we got through them. In many ways I really can't say "good old times" but that they were in the sense that I found people I wish to call friends for a long while, people who's kids I hope to be around to see grow up, people who I'll see marry the loves of their lives and who will take a drink with me, not for old times sake but because of that we are here now, still we are here together.

So not to get all wishywashy and mushy sentimental I also have to say I have the coolest black eye at the moment. I got a new piercing, a second one in my eyebrow (thanks Jt!) and I got "a bit" of a bruising there. Looks a bit like eyeshadow that went horribly wrong... But hey, no pain no gain and all that.

I'll end this by lifting my imaginery hat and saying thank you to my friends, you mean the world to me and that is a beautiful world indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn you...don't make me all mushy first thing in the morning!!!