Thursday, November 03, 2005

Forever not yours

I bet you think this is going to be one of those whiny "oh I'm so lonely" posts. Hah, nope.

I'm going through my playlist on my computer and keep finding weird songs here. Like A-ha's forever not yours. A-ha used to be a band I simply adored when I was a pre-teen and in some way it stuck with me. They've made nothing but crap since Take on me (ahem) but still... I think everyone has those songs from years ago that just make you feel nostalgic. Or some bands that always remind you of the time you were fifteen, it doesn't even matter if they keep making new music, it's always the band you recorded to a tape from a radio. Now there's something for the kids of today with their mp3:s and stuff. Cassettes filled with mixed music and the awful dj's from your local radio.

And moving on...

Alice Cooper. That's one sick dude.

Cover versions... One of the most hideous ones is All Saints doing RHCP's Under the bridge. I mean girls, seriously..? But I love that version, almost more than the original one. It has a simple explanation: when I was in London years ago, in a dykebar called Ace of Clubs the most handsome butch I've ever laid my eyes on asked me to dance to that particular song. She was so amazing, such a gentleman, such beauty... Hot as hell, I tell you. After that, butches have always been the ones to get my attention. And that song reminds me of her, puts a smile on my face every time.

Anna Eriksson. Eihän siitä mihinkään pääse että onhan Anna aika viehko... Ja näissä iskelmissä on jotain mikä vetoaa siihen mun dramaattiseen puoleen (hei, meissä kaikissa on se), siihen joka uskoo että joskus jonkun kohtaa läpi savuisen huoneen. Kun katsoit minuun... Tässäkin kappaleessa on se, että on joku josta tämä muistuttaa. Tämäkin. Onko mulla musiikkia joka ei muistuttaisi jostakin, hyvässä ja pahassa? Tarvitseeko olla? Jos musiikki auttaa muistamaan niin mitäpä sitten.

I think it's time to light the candles and really start listening. And remembering.

1 comment:

Ddot the King said...

Cool Post....