Sunday, November 06, 2005

Interesting...

the reason for my dressing up today was that I was selling tickets at the local gaybar, every saturday there's a women's party. Theme was halloween so in addition to my dress etc I was also wearing a scarf in my head, a muslim scarf. One of those that only let's people see your eyes, covers you completely from shoulders up. I'm not masquerade kind of person so I thought this would be good enough.

Interesting part was the way people reacted. And that not all of my friends knew it was me. That is weird. Maybe it says something about how rarely people look into each others eyes, because all of the women who immediately knew me said thet it was my eyes they knew. Not my fantastic legs or breasts ;) or my posture but my eyes.

Women also tended to think that I can't hear them. More often than not they spoke of me to their friends or to Toni who was selling tickets with me. Couple of times I said to them that you know, I hear you just fine and they kind of looked surprised. Besides this, later when I was just hanging out with some friends, people would talk around me and ignore me, not even look at. Like I vanished just because my face could not be seen.

That was so strange. I really can't even begin to wonder what it's like really wear the veil and dress accordingly but maybe a tiny glimpse.

The moral of the story. Look into people's eyes. All you need is there.

No comments: