Monday, November 07, 2005

I want to sleep

I was reading a book today (surprisingly, like I wouldn't read every day atleast a page or two) and there was a mention of dementia. It had nothing to do with the book, really, just a side comment. But it got me thinking that if I would lose my memories what would be the last one I'd hope to hold on to as long as possible? And what would be the first one I'd gladly give up?

What's the most painful memory I have? That's impossible to say. I have a few terrible ones, involving death and pain, losing friends I loved. There are memories of days when it felt like there's shards of glass in my head. Memories of days when I wanted to peel my skin off, of hating myself so and not even having the energy to get up and get it over with. There is a memory of giving back the keys to the apartment I shared with someone I loved for years, of walking away.

Damn. I'm getting all emotional.

Good memories then. First kisses with people I've cared for. Dancing with Tiki. Feeling secure with someone. Sunny gardens. Airports. Prague. Waking up and feeling content. The days when I knew and believed totally that I will be okay. Walking away.

No comments: